View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I hate to sound biased, but Liberal trolls are attention whores who play the victim card. Conservative trolls don't play the victim card, if they're gonna be jerks they're gonna be troglodytes plain and simple. I've seen MANY LEFT WING trolls (and many right wing trolls). Perhaps that's why I despise them so much. It's not about having a different opinion. Even their trolls are more annoying. A right wing troll will be boorish, perhaps sexist or racist and definitely low brow. A LEFT WING troll tries to bully people and if they don't have an adoring audience, they cry "quit persecuting me!". Ugh. I think it's that patheticness that irritates me more than the Troglodyte type.
I dunno, POI was an apolitical troll, and he used to do the exact same thing - when I banned him, he accused me of having a "control complex" and couldn't admit that he had done anything wrong. He pretended that the only reason he got banned is because I didn't like him (as if I didn't have a valid reason for doing so), and that my sentiments weren't shared by almost everyone on the forum who had interacted with him.

I think that regarding themselves as "persecuted" is precisely what allows all trolls - right-wing, left-wing, or apolitical - to justify their behavior. You know..."you guys are just angry at me because you know I'm right!"