View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Alright everyone, I'm starting the hard road to get in serious shape. I'm going to try law enforcement and I need to meet the physical requirements and get in shape. I need to be able to run, do pushups and lose my huge fat ass and buddha belly. Alright did some this morning before i typed this and it is hard.

Anyone with experience, please give me some pointers on what I should be doing and should nots. Thanks everyone
Hmmm, sounds like your best bet right now is lots of cardio. You can start by getting on the bike and then hitting the treadmill, if the running initially seems almost impossible. Not sure what else I can tell you; I always had the opposite problem (for most of my life, I've been very slight-framed and didn't start to fill out until I hit 20).

I have a friend from high school who had to lose a whole bunch of weight when he went into LE. I remember his Facebook status updates used to constantly boast stuff like, "I just ran 4 miles in 36 minutes...woohoo!" because he was so proud of his progress. I'm not sure how fast he had to run 4 miles, but I guess it was something close to that.