Thread: New guy here
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 03:04 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze896 View Post
Hey guys, I've been a big fan of imfdb.org for a while now and just noticed that there was a forum so I figured I would join.

I've had a Colt 1911A1 Prop gun for a while that fires blanks and was supposedly used in a few movies. So I was looking for some info about that and maybe finding someone who would like to buy it, so I'm sure I can find that info here.

-Ross
Welcome, sir. Is your user-name a reference to the Cam'ron album?

As far as your prop 1911 being used in movies, I would doubt it. The 1911s you see in movies aren't "props" (in the sense that they're fake guns); they're real weapons that were converted by professional armorers to fire blanks. The 1911 and 1911A1 you see on our 1911 pistol series page are both examples of such weapons (they were provided by MoviePropMaster2008, our site's own armorer).

Web sites that sell fake weapons, on the other hand, are very fond of misleading people by claiming that the products they sell were used in a particular movie. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen airsoft web sites which claim that they sold guns to a production, and they can't back it up when questioned (for instance, there's a site which said it provided airsoft guns to the film "Vantage Point").

Can you tell us more about your 1911?