View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

California has banned all usage and selling of .50 caliber ammo and any rifle that uses them already. Though they do it for no established reason. It isn't like someone's committed a crime with a Barret.

Showing people a website with LARGE numbers on a counter is a scare tactic. Showing people any numbers is meant as a scare tactic designed to put the irrational fear of us, because we are prone to be afraid of "by the numbers". I can throw all the stats of how many people are killed by guns in the US everyday, how many guns are being finished on an assembly line, etc and it isn't the words that will have your attention, but simple numbers.

Look, a crazy guy with a Glock and 10 mags of 10 round capacity limit killed 12 people and injured many others in a single day. Could he have killed more if he had 10 mags of 33 for his Glock 17? Maybe? Maybe not.

Limiting magazine capacity doesn't stop a man from pulling the trigger and killing someone. Same with ammo limitations. A 9mm hollow point to the face is still going to kill if it was a 9mm Black Talon. A .22LR round can kill a man from 10 feet away.

Yeah, I understand full auto weapons being restricted, a civilian wouldn't need something like that for protection at home. Even military and Law Enforcement don't go door to door and empty their mags in full auto like on TV and in movies.

And it is a point that it's human natural to kill and fight one another. We've been doing it since the beginning of time with sticks, stones, swords, arrows, etc. We've been doing the killing with our bare hands longer than with guns. It's because of today's perspective of the world that has lead to much debate about guns. It's not like there's forums to talk about regs about guns 100 years ago.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”