View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I really don't mind as much as I used to. It's one thing if a movie still holds up today, but some of these action movies are really dated.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a remake of The Dirty Dozen. Are you really willing to let such a great premise die after one great film and three so-so sequels? Hell, I'd like to see Hollywood do a remake of The Dirty Dozen once every ten or twenty years, with an entirely new cast and a different director each time.
Remakes are only good if the remake is just as good as the original. If we get a good cast, a good director, writer, producer, well funded studio. All those are key to a good movie. If we get bad one even one of those, the remake could turn into Total Recall...stupid and confusing and not even fun. Sure Arnold's Total Recall was really kinda silly but it had Arnold and that's what made the movie fun to watch

Now they are remaking Robocop and the suit looks like Robobatman.

I do admit that Dredd is a good movie to watch because it's less about the big story and the plot is centered around one incident.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”