Thread: 50 BMG Dummies
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I try to avoid buying dummy rounds, if I want duds I just deactive the rounds myself. Pull the heads, fire the primer off in a gun, then press the head back in with a vice with some super glue around the rim.
Yeah, but .50 BMG is way too expensive for that. I did a quick Google search and found one retailer selling 100 rounds for $300 (though I can't claim to know any better deals, since I don't shoot .50-cal and have never tried to buy that ammo). If you don't own or shoot a .50 BMG rifle, it makes a lot more sense to just buy dummies that someone else has made from expended brass. The two dummy .50 rounds I own cost me a dollar - it was a two-for-one deal, which is common at gun shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
You can't Re-activate dummy .50 caliber rounds as they have no primer hole and they have three about a quarter inch holes drilled in the cartrige case.
I don't think mine do. I'm not at my place right now, but when I get home, I'll take them out and check to see if they have those holes. Do you mean in the side of the case?