View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I still think you're overstating this a little: from a site search, the word "fuck" appears in 17 articles out of, at last count, 7,480. Of those, 3,168 are media pages (categories movie, videogame, TV and anime), meaning 0.5% of media pages contain those words (perhaps the most surprising part of this is that none of those 17 are videogames). Of those, very few obviously have shots chosen just because they contain swearing; in some cases, the quotes are placed on the only shots actually containing the weapon (eg Magnum Force). In all the ones I looked at, the quotes match up to good shots of the weapon itself. In a lot of cases the language has been there for years without causing comment.

I have to say it mostly concerns me because I tend to screencap videogames with the subtitles on, and don't want to either add black boxes to screenshots (which would look ridiculous) or throw out perfectly good images just because they have "bad" subtitles on them. The same would apply to subtitled foreign movies and anime.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 08-17-2011 at 08:22 AM.