View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Seriously? You never mentioned this to me before (or did you)?

Anyway, nobody here is advocating a tolerance for behavior and language like that demonstrated by Oliviera. (Though it may be a moot point because he hasn't been on IMFDB in over a year, so I think it's safe to say he's gone for good, and he was the only user whose language was becoming a problem on the main site.) We all agree that we don't want the site to become a profanity free-for-all. I just don't think we need to worry so much about profanity in the movie quotes section; we should consider whether we can keep profanity in those quotes (which should not reflect poorly on us) while still keeping it off the rest of the Wiki.
Ah yes, but there are lots of screencaps on some movie pages which are there SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE of allowing the page maker to post some profanity laced quote. Now that's just stupid. I don't need to re-live the movie. The page is here to identify the gun, not relive the F bomb quotes that the characters are spouting. I say if it's going to be a problem. REMOVE ALL the quotes on the individual movie pages. Too many members just love to 'showcase' the f=bomb quotes on scenes that they love. But that's NOT the reason why this site exists.