View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Seems good. Though I'd make it clear she doesn't fully trust the CIA and has multiple back-up/escape plans just in case.
Definitely. She'll have a few "off-the-grid" hidey-holes in various parts of the city.

Quote:
Also, why the Mini-14 instead of an AR-15? It's much rarer, with parts and magazines correspondingly scarce. If you want it due to the side-folding stock, you might check out the HK416C carbine with the much shorter stock. Or the Z-M LR300. There's got to be several ARs with side-fold stocks.
Here's some links: http://www.rbprecision.com/id51.htm
http://www.impactguns.com/rock-river...ne-lr1297.aspx
I'm just gonna level with you, I don't LIKE the AR-15/M16 variants. They just don't click with my sense of aesthetics. If it's my only option, I'll take it, but if I can find something that does the job just as well or better, I'll go for that first.

Speaking of, I'm thinking about revisiting my first choice, the LWRC M6A2 PSD in 6.8 Remington SPC. I know the 6.8 hasn't seen much in the way of military use (excepting the Jordanian Army), but I've spoken to a lot of hunters and they all agree that they prefer it over the .223 Remington. Plenty of manufacturers make assault rifles chambered for the 6.8, so it won't be that hard to acquire. And the PSD fulfills all of Hanna's needs.

Quote:
Why'd you switch to a Mossberg rather than a Remington for the shotgun?
FYI, check out the pictures of Lyndsy Fonseca with the Benelli Nova on the Nikita Season 2 page. She about 1-2 inches shorter than Saoirse Ronan, who played Hanna.
The Mossberg JIC's 6+1 capacity seemed a better choice than the Remington WP's 4+1, coupled with the fact that you can attach a stock to it.

Quote:
The CIA can do one better than giving her a new identity. They can make her a US citizen. In 1949, Congress passed the so-called 100 Persons Act, allowing the CIA to make 100 aliens a year US Citizens. That's what she wants. Thank you, Tom Clancy!

Wait a second, if she's not fighting the CIA, who is she fighting? 17 ounce soft drinks?
I figured that I'd have them smooth things over at Immigration by falsifying Erik's background to say that he was a naturalized citizen at the time of Hanna's birth, making Hanna a citizen by jus sanguinis. A forged birth certificate later, and her cover is complete.

I plan to have Hanna try to live a peaceful life in New York, but seeing crime happen without punishment, coupled with the stress of life in a big city, causes her killing instincts to come out and drive her to vigilantism.