View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
Yeah, 2010 was a bit more "based on real events" since it was just Operation Anaconda with the serial numbers filed off and a different Dramatis Personae.
I had a few problems with the 2010 game in that it was trying to be more Call of Duty than Medal of Honour; the whole point of the original CoD was it was more "average soldier" rather than "hero doing exceptional things" like MoH. Hence both of their names.

Also, MoH 2010's plot was so badly described that all I really got was 'everyone wants to climb a mountain for some reason,' and I could only keep track of which protagonist I was by who he hung around with. And then I was supposed to care when one of them died rather than going 'wait, which one was he again?'

Plus rather than trying to make you feel like you were a Tier 1 it tried to nag you into acting like one. If a game is going to hand me a sniper rifle I've never used before it should make the effort to make me feel like a pro, not have my spotter complain at me for not hitting the bad guy with my first shot.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 07-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.