View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
I post the same thing in every thread you've posted about this problem. So here it is again, plain and simple as can be. Close registration. Only allow people to register by request. Require them to create something decent in a sandbox and submit it for admin/mod approval. If it gets the go ahead, they are free to join and make edits/create pages/be useful/etc.
You DO REALIZE that it takes a ton of time to 'vett' every single person who wants to be a member? I certainly don't want to waste my time do that. In government positions or openings on the Supreme Court, all those people are PAID to screen applicants. That's what you're missing here. Being PAID to waste hours and hours of our lives each day, which is something IMFDB MODS are not (paid that is) That's the 'solution' created by someone who doesn't think things all the way through.

Your post did make me think, but these 'changes' are BEYOND my power as a mere Mod. Bunni is the overall wiki sysop on the site and he alone can do this. Remember how banks and other place have you READ a contract and click the 'agree box' before being allowed to sign up (like on news sites). It won't stop vandals from being dicks (that is BEFORE we ban them), but it may help with forcing new members (with no malice in their intent) to actually READ the rules before posting erroneous stuff. Of course, there is NO WAY to avoid malicious intent. They can just be the 'model citizen' until they decide to become raving assholes. Something you're familiar with lOL

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 07-23-2010 at 05:48 AM.