View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin1 View Post
The M16 has WAAAYYYY too many variants that all look alike, at least AK variants are abviously diferant from each other (Type 56 hooded sight, AIM/AIMS foregrip. Anyone else notive that the Yugo M70's folding stock looks to be made of rebar, rather than thin metal?)

BTW: why do the C7/C8?whatever they call them Canadian M16s have ugly green furniture? Why is Canada in love with the ELCAN scope? All there guns have it.
The C7A2 and some C8A2s have the green furniture. It's to partially break up the outline of the weapon in foliage. Same reason we now issue camoflage gloves, and are supposed to be getting camoflage boots (they've been "coming" for about 10 years now and I've only ever seen logisitcs officers wearing them - then again it was the same story with the new rucksack and I finally got mine last year). I don't necessarily think the green furniture is super effective, but it doesn't hurt.

And I wouldn't say we love the Elcan - in fact alot of those that remember the first generation mounts still don't completely trust it. But it's a good solid combat optic, and it's made in Canada so of course the DND insists we use it. That said, you see more and more C8s with Eotech 552s.