View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Is the microphone built into the console or is it just an accessory you can, you know, just not plug in?

If this is already widely known info here, forgive me as I'm not planning to upgrade anytime soon due to the fact that I want a game console, not an entire home media system, and am not really following new console development. Seriously, if Sony and Microsoft were to cut a lot of these stupid new features out, they could give people the backwards compatibility that most want and not have to charge the price of a small car for the damned thing. -_-
I actually went out of my way to not use my Xbox as a multimedia device. First, it's loud, and more importantly, I didn't want to use it for any longer than I had to because I don't want to wear it out as quickly. I got a Roku and a WD Live to handle streaming. Both of them do the job better, and quieter.

I know I'm in the minority though. Netflix streaming via console accounted for 20% of internet usage as early as 2011, I'm sure it's only increased since then.

As for Kinect, it's not really easier than just using a normal remote. Given the choice of waving my arms, shouting at my TV, or just pressing a button with my thumb, it's not a difficult choice.