View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
How valid is this article? Can people just go online and find people to buy guns locally and then meet in public places for the exchange?

I've never heard of this before, I've always thought you have to do background checks,

If this is the case, I would support a bill where if you are selling privately, you must do background checks. If you the private citizen is selling guns, it is the same as selling it in a store. Now smart people would do background checks anyone. I don't want to sell my guns and it ends up in the wrong hands. It's the same as getting it stolen.
Yup, it's called Armslist and forums as well. Most states allow private face to face transactions. But you can't ''knowingly'' sell to someone who is not allowed to possess a firearm. (That's why a criminal ain't going to say he can't pass a background check when buying one privately) Most people selling privately that originally bought it through an FFL are going to want at least the buyers DL# since it can be traced back to them.

If they allowed private individuals the option to call and run a background check like an FFL I'd be all for it.