Thread: Lame
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Unfortunatly I have seen people who have kept fighting after getting shocked by an old Taser and there are people who have remained upright when hit by the lattest taser.

As far as MACE or hell CR riotgas goes I know of at least one person who could fight in a room full of the stuff without a mask on.

There are not many people who can do that sort of thing but they unfortunatly do exist.
Pepper Spray has limited effectiveness and I don't put alot of faith in Tear Gas. I saw a guy snap a pair of hinged handcuffs once and I've seen my share of shooting and stabbing where the person kept on going for awhile. But I have never seen anyone continue to stand after getting zapped with the latest taser generation. That is as long as both barbs penetrate the subject's skin. If one of the barbs fail to penetrate then yes you won't have a good connection and it will be less than effective. We now have cartridges with longer barbs in case the subject is wearing a thick coat, multiple layers of clothing ect.

Like anything there is no magic bullet. Your right about that. It's more about having a toolbox from which you can take the right tool for the job. Which is why I carry handcuffs, a taser, a radio, a flashlight (I've stopped people by blinding them), an Asp, Pepper Spray, a Benchmade folding blade knife, a GLOCK , a vest and a shotgun in my car.

Oh and I also have my brain and my ability to talk. TAlk talk talk talk talk talk. I'll talk all day long if that will work.