View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Interesting, but not particularly useful. I'm not sure how much those weapons are representative of the broader rebel inventory. Most pics I've seen show the rebels armed with the same types of small arms as Qaddafi's forces - AKs, RPGs, PKs, etc.

Either way, the quality of small arms used by either side is not going to be the decisive factor in this conflict. It never is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin1 View Post
I'd love the rebels to win, but any rebel group that can't "liberate" an airfield, tank depot, or armory (esprecialy the armory) in the first day deserves to lose. They don't have to hold the place, just take what you can and wreck the rest.
Without sounding like I'm supporting the rebels (because I am skeptical of this intervention), almost all rebel groups aren't particularly competent at conventional warfare. Even groups that receive outside training from the U.S. still manage to suck balls due to lack of discipline in the rank-and-file, and (most importantly) lack of popular support in the areas that they're trying to control. In Afghanistan, the Northern Alliance was barely able to hold onto their territory (let alone take Kabul) before we bombed the Taliban to help put them in power. And the KLA was pretty much down for the count before we chased Serbian forces out of Kosovo for them in '99.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-22-2011 at 03:56 PM.