View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM

I got some of the 15 rounders and found that stuffing all 15 rounds in was quite a chore. The last round wouldn't come out easily and so I decided so return them. I could have downloaded them but then the 15 round witness hole is no longer used and I can't tell if I have 14 rounds or 10. I plan on getting a couple of the 13 rounders when they go back on sale at MidwayUSA. I also look out on Gunbroker for factory mag deals.

Aside from a Kimber being a 1911 and a 4506 being it's own design, they will both work fine. The difference is that Kimber will charge you a grand whereas you can get a S&W for around 450-500 bucks. You still have the same firepower with the same accuracy and reliability with a different battery of arms (DA as opposed to SA). As far as 1911s go, I wouldn't buy a Kimber because Springfield makes as good if not better 1911s at, again, a cheaper price. Springfields have a lifetime warranty which comes in handy, I don't know if Kimber does. Kimber also utilizes the Series 80 safety system which I generally do not approve of in a 1911. They don't utterly suck, you could just do better.