View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I like to refer to guns like the 4505 as RBF (rare but functional). That being said, geeze man that is a helluva snag! Got a pretty good deal on it too. If it goes for 875 on GB and you get it for 600, you've done good, especially seeing as how they are so few and far between.
Yeah it was $875 plus shipping and FFL fees, so I did good. When I saw the price at the gun store I was like holy shit.

Quote:
I don't know what the book value of it is, but in my eyes, yeah you kinda did. I personally wouldn't put down more than 500 bucks on a 4506, especially if they have the funny looking Novak sight as opposed to the adjustable or the early fixed sights. Predator's gun is an obvious exception since it's so rare. While it is all stainless and that usually ups the price, All the S&Ws are pretty low cost guns because they are/were made here in the USA. $630 with sales tax is a ridiculous price but if you REEEEALLY want it, you're sort of blind to cost..
I've seen some LEO 4506s go for around 350 on gb. 450 to 550 on really clean ones. But if you want a certain gun bad enough, you'll pay just about anything. From what I read on the 4505 in the S&W book, most came with fixed Novak sights. Very few with the adjustable. I prefer fixed sights on my handguns.

Quote:
Buying a gun without a magazine is a whole other story, and don't even begin to tell me what you had to pay for them. I asked a guy who had a 5906 mag for sale at a local store what he wanted and even he told me to brace myself. It was 49 bucks.
I've found it's aways better to buy in bulk when it comes to mags. Buying 3 to 5 at a time you'll end up paying 20 to 25 each, sometimes even less. Instead of paying 30 to 35 for a single mag.

Quote:
Oh yeah nice Italian Inox too, Predator20.
Thanks. Kind of funny, one of the main reason I bought the gun. After trading my grandma my 92F for her .22 pistol so she would have something bigger, I had several mags lying around and no gun to use them. A SIG P220 is next on my list.

Last edited by predator20; 02-10-2010 at 02:46 AM.