View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 05:35 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
There was a good run called "Gotham City Sirens" or something like that which focused on Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman, and they have stuck with these 3 being friends (with benefits in the case of HQ and PI) up until today in the New 52. I can see them doing something like this in a film.

She had a solo run for a few years in the early 2000s, but until the New 52 she was mostly used as part of a team or ensemble. She is massively popular these days though, and currently there are 3 different Harley Quinn comics running along with her appearing in the Suicide Squad comic. During a Rebirth panel somewhere Jim Lee (i think) said that Harley Quinn was now the "forth pillar" of the DC comics universe after the Trinity, so wouldn't be surprised if they really try and push a solo movie.

If you go to conventions, Harley Quinn is possibly the most common costume that you will see people wearing (or possibly second to Deadpool, but the Harley Quinn cosplayers are a whole lot less annoying).
Pretty good for a character created for Batman: The Animated Series.