View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post

I don't. The United States is not the United Kingdom, so comparing the two is apples and oranges. In a few states (like California), things may continue to get worse, but I doubt there will ever be any serious, sweeping gun ban at the FEDERAL level. It would just be too unpopular.
Apples and Oranges? More like a Fruit to a Cheese burger. The fact that this country is so big and with so many factions and chaos of people trying to make the world run their way, restricting guns like the UK has done can never happen. They tried to make laws in Chicago that pretty much bans handguns, but doesn't legally state that until that law was overturned because it was unconstitutional. Any suggestions or million march or some fat, old ultra feminist that wants to get rid of all guns and let only the government have the guns and swear all our safety to the big man in DC. Cause that's what I want to do in this country, trust that when I have a mad man that wants to kill me for my money or is just a killer, I want to trust my life and soul and the life of my family that the cops will get here in time, so I don't need a shotgun.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”