View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

This is really horrible. And we all know what's gonna happen. Even with the Conservatives in power, new gun laws are inevitable (recall that Hungerford took place under Thatcher).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
The 2nd Amendment (and the political efforts of many good people) has stopped them, from going any farther, but I fear that eventually they will wipe out all ownership. So The brits didn't corner the market on stupid people and politicians.
I don't. The United States is not the United Kingdom, so comparing the two is apples and oranges. In a few states (like California), things may continue to get worse, but I doubt there will ever be any serious, sweeping gun ban at the FEDERAL level. It would just be too unpopular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
See, it's the quiet people you've gotta watch out for. The type that doesn't take much, "keeps to himself". Yeah those are the guys that somehow like a cliche ends up being the killers.
There's no "cliche", not even for the "quiet" types. The Secret Service has studied mass killers for years now, and they've repeatedly concluded that there is absolutely no profile for these people, besides the fact that they're always male, and have some type of grievance (legitimate or not).