View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Needlessly bitter. The pilot WAS terrible.
Don't know about needlessly bitter. Fanboys are pretty notorious for trashing everything. Yes, the pilot had problems, but fanboys always take it to the 'next level'.

We all know the frustration of being the ones CREATING something. It's hard work, whether it be fiction, movie making .... or even the creation of THIS website IMFDB, which was hard work for Bunni.

I don't if we have any of the old timers left, but back in 2007-2008 I would bristle at some of the critiques by people on the net. They would make fun of the pics (back then we had a lot of photos of airsoft guns), make fun of the mis-identifications (we've gotten a LOT better since them) or make some sort of crass comment that we're full of mistakes. My response was always "Oh yeah? Well why don't YOU help out or do something about it?" or "Why don't you make your OWN project and see how easy it is".

Now I'm not defending a rant against critics. I DO understand the frustration. All of us who work hard at things get pissed when guys who do nothing, take pot shots at us. It's human nature to get mad.