View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 11:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I've been out for a bit but I think it might have been problematic storing them in the arms room racks with the peq mounted on the top rail (at least the humongous peq2)
I'm not convinced by that, bear in mind that it was designed especially for the US military so I am sure it would have been designed to a specification that worked for them. Also, I imagine that the amount that it protrudes out the sides when mounted on top is less than the width increase you would get if you were to mount it on the side (or perhaps you could sort of tessellate tham if everybody mounted it on the same side). Regardless, here is a picture of the racks that the US Military uses and there is a whole line of M4A1s with PEQ-2s mounted on top and it seems to work: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ae263ac6d2.jpg.

If it was for stacking reasons it would only work if everybody did it, and from the image above (although not 100% sure) it looks like the next two people at least in the line have the PEQ-16A mounted in the "correct" position above the barrel. My best guess is that it might be so that he can mount an IR on night vision sight in front of the ACOG.