View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Regarding the POI/Burt connection: I and several of the other mods have discussed the possibility that Burt might be POI re-incarnated. I admit that I'm not sure what to think.

But I don't think it's as obvious as some people believe it is. I think y'all need to ask yourself if you genuinely believe Burt is POI, or if you're just looking for another excuse to get him banned permanently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I really don't remember. I guess I'm just willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Which is perfectly fine, even though you make this decision a lot more difficult than I expected it would be. Seriously, it's good that you can articulately make the case that maybe a permanent ban isn't such a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I'd say permaban, if not because I'm fairly sure he's POI again then because his ratio of causing trouble to actually contributing is so completely skewed toward the former; in the whole time he's been here he's never uploaded a single image. I don't think anything of value will be lost.
The number of images that IMFDB members upload is hardly what determines their "value" to the site. There are lots of people on this site (including some very active members) who don't upload images, but contribute in other ways. In Burt's case, I would say that when he's not being too stubborn (as in the Type 69 debate he had with you), he's helped suggest ways to better organize the site, and has actually made those changes happen. I've become lazy about that shit myself nowadays, so I welcome those with the enthusiasm for organization that I lack.

Also, while I personally became an Admin due to my work screencapping movies and TV shows, I haven't done much of that lately. I think I've worked on about three pages in all of 2011 so far. There was a time when I used to do that many in a week.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-16-2011 at 03:51 AM.