View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Molotovs shouldn't get a page, but this is somewhat different in that it's factory-produced to an actual standard with a percussion igniter, not just an anonymous bottle of liquid. This, for example, is a Finnish petrol bomb manufactured by the state alcohol company Alko, this and this are Italian, this is German, this is American (with an M1 classification, even), this is Japanese, and so on. In all cases these are basically mass-produced incendiary grenades that happen to have glass bodies.

Whether it should have a page would depend on whether we're going to call it an explosive (in which case no) or a grenade (in which case precedent says yes). Not sure it's worth having a page for only one appearance anyway, though.

It's moot, though, since the devices in the movie have a cigarette and a match as fuzes, not a percussion igniter. Pandofini says the second is a decent facsimile of a Russian No 1 or 2 Incendiary Bottle, but the one with a cigarette I doubt is anything. I can't find anything on the Russian ones, which is weird since I seem to have found everyone else's glass-body grenades while searching.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 06-20-2013 at 06:51 AM.