View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
True, but I think in this case, it was more of a plot device than anything else. If he had been carrying enough Galil mags and .308 ammo to last the entire standoff, he would have pretty much dominated (even without Parker's help). A half-dozen washed-up old men with revolvers and shotguns are not going to be a match for a guy with a Galil and body armor.

Also, I thought it was equally ridiculous that he used the Galil the way he did...spraying the walls on full-auto (or rather, semi-auto with automatic gunfire sound F/X) and hoping to hit Jeffers and the other guy. Considering that he and Parker display such excellent tactical competence for the rest of the movie, you'd think he would know that "spray-and-pray" shooting is a dumb idea.

There's no way anybody could carry as many 1911 mags as they went through (especially for the number of rounds they went through). It would be almost physically impossible. At the very least, we should have seen bandoleers full of 1911 mags draped across their chests, but we didn't.

Because HK sucks and hates them. Sorry, J/K, couldn't resist. That is another good point.
I never understood that part when Longbaugh spends 2 mags trying to hit Jeffers. I guess you can say he was laying down suppressing fire. He would have run through all those guys if he would have had additional mags on him. But you're right it was more of a plot device to even the odds. He may have had additional .308 ammo in his vehicle. Who knows. Parker still had his 870 and a large shell bag on him. Which helped them.

In terms of true capacity for their 9mm 1911s. 10 rounds for the gun itself (9 + 1 in chamber). Quad mag holders 4x9 = 36, 46 total rounds apiece. They could have also been carrying some in their pockets. So you're looking at maybe 60 to 70 at the most.