View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I really don't remember which movie got me to wonder about certain guns. I've been shooting guns since I was 8 years old, but I don't remember getting interested in handguns and assault weapons until I was about 13. That was when I first started getting interested in the military, and so I guess my interest in military/LE-type firearms just kinda grew out of that. I wondered what types of weapons were being carried by our troops in the pictures and news footage I saw, so I started looking at my Dad's old Gun Digest issues, then looking at gun-related sites on the 'Net, and then from then on, whenever I watched movies, I started to be able to ID the guns I saw.

Of course, back then, I wasn't at all aware of the "secrets" of the movie armorer business like I am today - so I wouldn't have been able to tell an M16A2 apart from an M16 SP1 or M16A1 with A2 hand guards, for instance. Or the MP5A3 from the partially-converted HK94A3. In fact, I remember the first time I saw "Predator", I just assumed that the team was using M16A2s and MP5A3s.