View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 04:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Alright gents, this is pretty much the FINAL form of my Delta Carbine Black Hawk Down inspired rifle

https://youtu.be/5ri8GjgcBuY

Long story is this rifle USED to be a S&W M&P 15 SPORT. I just swap the upper with a fixed carry handle I got somewhere. The rail is actually meant for an AR-10, it even says so on the side. That's why it seems too long for the carry handle.

The stock is Brownell's

I didn't want to get an A1 grip because I plan to actually shoot this a lot and the older grips just don't have the angle I like
Really nice - although you didn't want to use the A1E1-style upper? You could have bought one from Brownell's, and it would have matched the receiver style of the Colt 723 carbines that Delta/CAG used during the late-1980s and early-1990s. Plus, I feel like it's gonna be annoying to shoot that gun without a brass deflector.

As for the grip: That's easily replaceable if you have a long enough screwdriver (I swap out pistol grips on my AR lowers all the time). If I were you, I'd buy an A1 or A2 grip for display, and then put on that Magpul grip only when you take the rifle to the range.