View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Personally, I think that's kind of ridiculous. It's OK to show some dude on TV mowing down lots of people with an automatic weapon, but a use of the "F-word", or a glance at a woman's nipples = evil? (and remember that on European TV, they're allowed to show tits, and they do) I always figured death was worse than profanity or nudity, but apparently, people disagree. Go figure...
Yes yes yes, and that's an arguement as old as television FCC rules. And I'm not here to debate it. American society has issues with nudity and language. They're okay with violence. Which is probably a good thing since we have some of the most liberties in private ownership of weapons (shrinking every day), but look at countries where there is tons of nudity in public view. You'll find weapons restrictions up the ying yang.

And it's not about what the screen writers come up with. It's about what WE CHOOSE to put on the main page. Sure, major movie had the quote " Fuck, Fuck Fuck..Mother-mother fuck, mother-mother fuck-fuck...mother fuck mother fuck mother mother fuck fuck. Noise noise noise 1-2-3-4 noise noise noise schmokin weed schmokin weed doin coke drinkin beers drinkin beers beers beers. rollin blunts smokin blunt who mokes the blunt we smoke the blunts." Doesn't mean we have to have the fucking thing on the main page!