View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The reason I ask you, MPM, is because...if you've visited the cast/crew of Battlestar Galactica, do you know the armorers, too? More specifically, do you know the name of the big armory in Vancouver (or elsewhere in BC) that supplies that show? It's a mystery I've been trying to crack for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I also have a theory about WW2 era guns. For one thing, it was easy (well at least until 1986) for American citizens with the proper paperwork to buy and collect full auto guns. It was NOT an option for British Firearms armories to sell off their guns to the public like we did in America for many years. A lot of the M2s that are pre-86 transferable are in the hands of private collections. A lot of the police armories got rid of their M2s in the 1970s so these were sold to the public. But in the U.K. they did not have that option, so they hang on to massive warehouses of WW2 and immediate post WW2 stuff forever. Also the DOD gave away a lot of our M2 carbines to other countries (Vietnam, El Salvador, Chile, various African nations, etc.) during the Cold War.
That's an interesting theory. But aren't there still conversion kits for the (enormous) number of M1s that are in armories? Since they're in such abundance in the industry, I'd figure somebody would have built some more M2s by this point, if they wanted to. But I guess it's just that few directors have asked for them.