View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you like that Minimi? I've got a real hate on for the C9 since my soldier qual course.
There is a big difference between weapons modified to fire blanks and live fire. The experience between one and the other are very different. Live Fire doesn't jam as much. We're always fine tuning our guns to cycle. And Blanks are always much filthier than live rounds. Fire just one magazine, and then wipe off the bolt carrier with your thumb, it looks like a chimney sweep. Don't know what you don't like about the minimi though. I've never had a problem with them.

It's funny. I always get some actor or non-gun person asking me "So which is your favorite?" I always answer "The ones that fire blanks without stoppages". Hahahaha. They have no idea what I'm talking about. Since 99% of my gun experience is NOT firing live but BLANK firing on sets, I don't have a preference as far as accuracy or shot placement or functioning with live ammo.

As for MT2008, nope only the RICH weapons guys have dedicated vans or trucks. (i.e. the guys who get all the work, who are 'connected' and get hired for all the big movie jobs). The rest of us are so ghetto when it comes to delivering guns to the set. Title I guns are easy. Any vehicle you can get your hands on. I once drove to the desert with a rental van filled with shotguns, pistols and sniper rifles. Title II (i.e. Class III) guns are fine as long as the vehicle is registered as being operated by an authorized person. One of the full auto "On Set armorers" (i.e. the guys who borrow from the rental houses and work on the movie set), had a beat up old PONTIAC as his Class III authorized vehicle. I remember once he was stopped by the Highway Patrol and his trunk was filled with MP5s, M16s and full auto AKs. Of course he had all his paperwork with him and they just wrote him a citation and let him go.