View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
You guys are bitching about How you have to wait to be 21 or 18 to buy guns? Let me tell you, Here in Brazil, guns for civilian use were abolished back in the 1990s. Not only that, but when you turn 18 you get drafted to the Military to serve. So, if some dumbshit like Chavez decides it would be fun to attack Brazil, all 18 year olds and able bodied men will get sent to the Meat Grinder called War. Maybe some women too. You guys now only need to buy guns when you are 21 and not needing to worry about getting your balls blown off. Be happy about that.
Yeah, I've heard a lot about how much Brazil's gun laws suck. Is gun use really "abolished", though? I've heard some types of weapons can still be owned with a permit, but I don't stay current, and I'm sure things have changed since I last did any reading.

I do know how heavily armed Brazil's drug gangs are, though. I remember watching the documentary "Lessons from a Personal War" (which is a bonus feature on the "City of God" DVD), and they have gang members showing off weapons, and also a police depot for confiscated weapons. I remember seeing full-auto AK-47s and M16s, plus things like RPGs and grenades, the same kind of armament that the cartels in Mexico have been using. And this was back in the 1990s that this documentary was made...