View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

I usually dont like to respond to this sort of stuff and stick my neck out but I got to agree. As a guy who grew up in a VERY liberal household with politicians for parents, if you are blaming the video games, you're an idiot.

Is there evidence to suggest that violent video games have a negative effect on our youth, yes, there is. Do kids ages 8 - 14 belong playing games like Grand theft Auto and Call of Duty? In my mind, definitely not. But to say that THAT is the issue is to ignore the facts in front of your face. I'm with Excalibur... WTF WAS THIS KID DOING WITH A GUN?! Personally i think your a lousy parent if you are letting your 10 or 12 year old play Call of Duty but thats for each parent to decide on their own. Letting your 12 year old have access to a Semi-Automatic?! Now that is fucking stupid. Forget the video games, lock these parents up.

Again, as a liberal from a liberal family, it is idiots like this who make gun owners look bad. Many liberals look at this and say "see this is why we need better gun control". Wrong, what we need is to charge this idiotic father with negligent homicide.

Just my 2 cents.