View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I wish armalite still made ar-180s.
Well, they did make the AR-180B up until a few years ago. Unfortunately, it was only made in AWB-friendly incarnations. The Wikipedia article claims that another new version is on the way out, but it doesn't cite sources, and I personally haven't heard anything about it.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the AR-180. I respect its operating system, but ergonomically, the rifle itself is about as bad as the AK (except more complex, and therefore more difficult to maintain). Better rifle designs have been built using its internals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I don't like the IRA, but I despise how the British used to pretty much bully Ireland for no reason. I did agree with th old IRA's policy of knee capping drug dealers, however (of course the IRA are the drug dealers nowadays)
That was 100 years ago. Also, while I am aware that colonialism caused lots of hardships for the Irish (particularly the Potato Famine), you might want to remember that the British also built up Ireland's economy into the 7th richest in the world at independence. Then when they became independent, it all went to shit pretty fast. It's only been within the last 20 years that Ireland became rich again.

As for the IRA kneecapping drug dealers, we basically know that in retrospect, it was mostly about controlling the drug trade for themselves. The IRA's "Army Council" has historically been dominated by gangsters and Marxist-Leninist thugs who almost surely had a hand in the drug trade.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-15-2010 at 01:09 AM.