View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Why do you think most Airsoft gun makers STOPPED making Glocks, because Glock copyrighted the SHAPE of the weapon. H&K did the same thing.
Wow, Glock actually got to copyright the shape of its pistols? It's so boxy and generic it's no wonder that the original Half-Life FPS game made it the standard sidearm there, since in those days they could get away with such a limited polygon budget and still make the pistol look realistic.

If I had more time I would have made this thread myself, because something about guns in video games greatly confuses me: just how much is the licensing fee to use the real names of guns? Anyone got a ballpark figure? Is it so high that only the best-financed companies can get real names for all their guns?

I'm also very confused as to why H&K didn't give its permission for something like SWAT 4. Isn't the HK MP5 one of the most iconic guns for Counter-Terrorist units like SWAT teams? Why wouldn't they want the MP5 to be associated with that game? Colt and Benelli agreed; why not H&K?