View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite View Post
I don't know, people packing in schools seems like an invitation for trouble. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but if you let firearms into a the school it just seems like it would up the possibilty of spmething minor blowing up and becoming a shooting.

Other than that, yay for gun rights
Ok first off, people walk around with guns ALL the time. It's like saying people owning a gun and having road rage is trouble. I drive with my gun on my all the time. If I get into a fender bender, it doesn't mean I'll brandish my gun like a fucking cowboy. Most gun owners are not like that. We're not talking about high school kids legally packing heat. If gangbanger teens want to get guns, they WILL regardless of the law or not. And if you look at a lot of colleges, we don't see kids, we see a lot of adults, some with family and kids attending. I mean you have to be 21 to even get a handgun in most states and most people attend college for the full 4 years, so straight out of high school, you are 18, so that means almost 3 years have passed before you can even own a handgun, and in a lot of people's cases at that age, even afford a gun of some type, get the proper training, ammo, gear, etc. Getting a gun is one thing, but maintaining it is something else. It's a commitment.

The excuse that it'll turn into the OK Corral and Dodge city is bullshit

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”