View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it became more of a trend in the future. Professional games by major development studios have huge budgets these days. For games that are supposed to realistic (in the loose sense of that word), having an armorer over is affordable and desirable.
There's' what you think is reasonable ... and there is what actually happens in the industry. I have a lot of friends who work in the VG industry. It is rife with stupidity. The cool stuff only happens when a meddling middle manager gets fired as the result of a monumental battle between the people with talent and their bosses (who do not have any talent).

A minor digression back to the movie world:

The real world is shocking in it's incompetence. Which is why younger people are idealistic, and older people are cynical! LOL! We've seen the same stupid mistakes made by high level morons in our 20s. We've seen the same disasters in our 30s, by the time we get to our 40s, we've pretty much given up on the notion that idiots won't try to ruin everything good in the industry. We've seen these morons running things and are astounded that they get into all the HIGH LEVEL positions. They succeed off the backs of more talented people who toil at the lower levels, and still manage to screw things up.

Every script or movie that seems disastrous, .... the crew already KNEW it was a disaster when they were filming it. When no talent higher ups meddle constantly with a project, it is doomed.

I remember everyone wanting to be on Last Action Hero, because of the success of Terminator 2, but that was all Cameron, and he had control of the project. I remember how disappointed everyone one was (but they didn't say anything out loud, lest they lose the paycheck), when we saw the script. I didn't work on that one but I was friends with a bunch of the SFX crew. Boy was the crew making fun of the movie when it was being filmed. We all knew it was going to be a bomb.

I could tell you things about LXG