View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

It doesn't shock me to see gangbangers with Berettas (although I don't think they could get there hands on a 92, maybe a 92F or 92FS ) that was my hinter to use proper Beretta designation, if no one caught that....

How hard is it for some gang member to take a Beretta off a dead cop or buy it from a black market sale? Berettas are common enough that some gangster with one isn't too shocking.

Like Steve said, autos dominate todays PDs and revolvers are sadly not as common. Enough private owners enjoy them though, so seeing a protaganist or off-duty cop with a revolver isn't as uncommon.

I think someone should re-invent the wheel with wheel-guns by building a new syle cylinder, that quick releases and can be swapped with a new one. This way, the cylinders act as magazines and make them less of a disadvantage to autos. I always liked the old blackpower revolvers like the Colt 1860 and the Remington 1858 because they offer this advantage, except some people didn't take advantage of it and tried to reload one all the way during a gunfight. Idiots.