View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Unit 731 was still at least part of the Imperial Japanese Army proper. (Just look at my name, I'm the last person who'd want to stand up for the Japs. And it pisses me off they they avoided prosecution.) The Waffen SS was its own separate entity, and that was a deliberate separation on behalf of the Nazi leadership.

I did not want to list him as an "SS criminal," but simply as an "SS trooper," seeing how the title of "soldier" had been denied them by the IMT. I saw no reason why we should restore a title that had been denied them by a body far more qualifed that we were. The fact that the person in the screencap had just put a bullet through the head of a woman for the crime of having a nosebleed and being Jewish seems to indicate that the man, indeed, is a criminal. And "Trooper" was the most basic SS rank, so it seems appropriate.
The term trooper or Mann was replaced in 1941 with the term Schütze or Rifleman in the Waffen-SS which is the equivalent to Private in the US Army.

I know what you are saying it's just in the credits the actors are listed as X so that is what should be put down. We list the actors characters as what is in the credits and verified by IMDb nothing more or less. IMFDB has more and more industry people looking through it so it's best to keep it to what the credits say.