View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't know if it affects filming. They've done at least four action shows in Hawaii (both Hawaii Five-0s, Magnum PI, Lost) and aren't there a lot of war movies film in Hawaii? I know that Windtalkers and Tropic Thunder were filmed there as well.
Don't use OLD tv shows or films as examples. There were lots LESS gun control back then. This anti gun crap is relatively RECENT. There are obvious exemptions for major NEW shows (the recent Hawaii Five O is an example), but that's not the point. What I find interesting is that there is NO codification of the production exemptions in Hawaii, Nowhere in the laws. At least California has the exemptions for the film industry IN the state's laws and they're all available online to check out. Hawaii has none of that. I think it's just a wink and a nod to major productions coming into the state, even though I've pored through the Hawaii laws on the books and see nothing that technically exempts movie/tv production, but I know for a fact that they are granted exemptions.