View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 05:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
You could just do a normal sequel from Serenity, Book is dead in continuity so there is no issue with Ron Glass dying, so the only living actor who would not appear would be Alan Tudyk. You could also set it between Firefly and Serenity if you wanted Wash back, just make it so that Book has already left. As for scheduling, it might be tricky but none of the case are currently working flat out, they should be able to find time to do a limited 6 episode run or something like that.
Sci-fi shows tend to cost more, so I'm not sure if it'd be cost-effective to rebuild all the sets for just six episodes. I'd be willing to part with Book, but I'd really, really hate to lose Wash.

I always thought Netflix would've made a more logical choice for a continuation or a reboot. As a third party, they probably would've been in a better position to negotiate the rights issues between Fox and Universal, and we wouldn't have to worry about episode order. Sure, Whedon's stock has risen considerably since Firefly, but I don't think any network would give him the flexibility Netflix would.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem interested. They've seen the metrics, and I'm sure if they thought it'd work, they would've done it already. This is what they said four years ago, and I don't think anything has changed.