Thread: new ad unit
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben41 View Post
I noticed that when looking a differences in revisions, the new ad corner blocks off the edits seen on the right. Also, the poster titles are now misaligned for the movies and tv titles that don't have infoboxes.
Hey Ben, my recommendations for dedicated users and admins if it's interfering with your work are to

1) run an ad blocking extension for your browser

or

2) change your skin in your user preferences to something without ads, I like to use Modern because it's a simple skin and the site loads much faster

The new ad placement is performing well and will allow us to add another web server, a file server, and a load balancer (which we are in desperate need of).

The goal of the ads is not to bother our dedicated users and admins but rather to earn some income from the search traffic we generate from people who come to the site looking for an answer to a specific question once or twice but not necessarily to contribute.

I'm not sure what to do about the poster titles, can you link me to an example?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......