View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 04:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
What can I say.. not into the shorties too much.
Like I said, some guys would have longer barrel guns broken down to easy storage. I got a short 10.5 because it fits nicely in a plain backpack when it's broken down. I hope I never get a chance to use it but it's there and I don't always carry it with me. If I'm making a quick run to the store, get gas, etc, I have my EDC. This is for long trips and to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
If I ever start carrying a long gun in my car, I'm just going to go snag a Hi Point carbine or a cheap shotgun from a pawn shop. Just because it's waaaaaay more likely to be stolen
People get stuff stolen from their car because they don't secure it or their car, park their cars in bad neighborhoods, etc. It costed me a combine total of 600 to build my shorty and a 3rd of the cost was the expensive brace. My company doesn't have a parking garage so I literally pack in front of the building to the entrance and I work in a warehouse/industrial kind of town with not a lot of residential areas. I know crime can happen anywhere, but it's something I factored it. When I go home, I take my back of gun with me. Idiots leave their guns in their cars when they are at home and that's how they get stolen.

Realistically I don't need to justify why I have a bigger gun to anyone. It's my personal preference. Some guys have an extra handgun in their car, some have shotguns or rifles. I have an AR.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”