View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 04:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I really see the appeal of Glocks as a military or police pistol - they’re light, simple and reliable. It wouldn’t be my first choice personally and it would certainly not be the only pistol I owned, but if you’re going to be giving out a bunch of them to people whose main job is not to use a weapon and who probably won’t get much training on it, it makes sense.
I feel like that's not fair to Glock. Nowadays, the tip of the spear are all carrying Glocks (albeit modified from the factory config with new sights, new triggers, etc.) - and often older Gen Glocks (typically the Gen 3s). In the U.S. military, all of the SOF units that used to use 1911s, SIGs, H&Ks, etc. are now carrying Glock 17s and 19s. So the Glock is as much an operator's weapon as it is a non-combat arms weapon.

Anyway: Good purchase. Oddly enough, my 1990-vintage Gen 2 Glock 17 is probably my favorite of the many handguns that I own. There's something I love about its simplicity and its feel that no other handgun in my collection can match.