View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 07:07 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Picked this up recently - never had much use for a modern gun before but this one changed my mind. It’s a Dutch army surplus Glock 17 Gen 2 that was one of about 800 released by the Dutch government for commercial sale after they upgraded to Gen 4s back in 2017. Couldn’t pass up a pistol that could actually have been used in Afghanistan while I was there. Apparently it was something of a minor scandal in the Dutch parliament that these ended up on the commercial market. You can identify it as a Dutch contract gun by the NL prefix serial number on the slide, otherwise it’s a pretty standard Gen 2 gun.

upload pic
At the start of your post I was thinking "the Dutch military sold handguns as surplus? Wow" and then I reached the part of Dutch parliament and scandal. LOL. Europe can always be counted on to do the right....uh....left thing.

Looks like it's in fine shape. I'm now carrying the Glock Model 45 Gen 5 as my patrol pistol. I was able to purchase the Glock 19 Gen 4 that was issued to me NIB back in 2013. I'm not a Glock fanboy, but it's a good reliable pistol and I've always qualified with the various models.