View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Great idea, corner seems best for aesthetic reasons. Is that an armory SR9? Still waiting for all the new rugers to show in a film.
I noticed that GM45 has not chimed in with an "I told you so" I wonder if he's even here any more

Yes, that is a blank adapted Armory Ruger. Rugers aren't that 'desirable' amongst movie makers. Most filmmakers are pretty gun ignorant (usually they're also cappuccino drinking liberals who have never touched a gun in their lives before .....) so they just ask for the same guns OVER and OVER and OVER again ad nauseum. Only when a big blockbuster movie starts using a more obscure gun, that is when you start seeing people asking for that by name.

I think a lot of the shooting community's disdain for Ruger semi autos spills over into the non-shooting community. Ruger makes SUPERMAN like revolvers. But the shooting community never liked Ruger's semiautos. Seriously I LIKE their new gun lines. Don't know if you have ever shot their older pistols (P85, P89, P94, etc.) but they are NOT COMFORTABLE to shoot and the ergonomics of the slide release, mag release, etc. are completely ALIEN to human hands.......