View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Well, that at least means she's an improvement over many people I've seen, who think that the guns in movies are all "fake". Especially people my own age, who seem to think the guns they see in movies are airsoft guns or commercially-available blank-firers (like the ones made by Umarex and Bruni).
That's not the least of it. She hates all guns and is of the opinion "If you want to own a gun ... then join the ARMY!" I try to explain to her that by enlisting you don't OWN your own gun, in fact, unless you're in a hotzone, like Iraq or Afghanistan, (also depending on your MOS) you rarely touch a firearm, except in boot, advance training or weapons qualifications. I know of a Lt. Colonel who never touched an M16 after OCS (he oversaw the Finance office filled with 73 Deltas aka "Accounting pencil pushers". ) Also you can only carry and use what is approved (though in combat zones there is leeway in getting or using personally purchased weapons, but only to a certain extent). Anyway, I hate people like her.

Quote:
It's even pretty common that I meet gun owners who think movie guns are fake, especially since so many movies are made in California. They always assume that because California's gun laws suck so much, that means movies couldn't possibly get ahold of real ones.
There are so many retarded gun owners in other states (sorry guys ) who slam California, like all of us gun people just "gave up" and threw our guns into the sea. Apart from the special licenses for the 'special toys" alot of us just have tons of personal guns as well. Sure, all previously owned guns were grandfathered in, so it really sucks for the younger guys, but there are literally millions of gun owners in the state. Tons of guys MY age were buying their guns all through out the 1980s, so we have everything that other guys in other states have. There are guys in other gun free states, who don't believe that my personal collection is just as big as (actually bigger) than theirs, purely because I'm in California (The PRK). I also love how they slam ALL Californians because we have stupid politicians. Talk about stabbing one's allies in the back....

Back to topic: I like the stories of stupid people, though with the advent of the Internet and military or weapon themed video games, there is a lot of idiocy that we are exposed to on a daily basis. Can we have a 'stupid gun stories page' one of these days? hahahaha. I'll tell you about the guy who said that" the SKS was based on the M16 but changed from a .45 ACP caliber because it was too super sonic and required a silencer to control the recoil ..." (real story BTW)