View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I think this would be a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
She also assumed that all guns that fired in movies and television were either "borrowed from the police or ARMY" and that they were not privately owned (or owned by a private sector company).
Well, that at least means she's an improvement over many people I've seen, who think that the guns in movies are all "fake". Especially people my own age, who seem to think the guns they see in movies are airsoft guns or commercially-available blank-firers (like the ones made by Umarex and Bruni).

It's even pretty common that I meet gun owners who think movie guns are fake, especially since so many movies are made in California. They always assume that because California's gun laws suck so much, that means movies couldn't possibly get ahold of real ones. And then I have to explain to them that there are actually armorers who have licenses to own/rent/transport guns that us common folk can't touch and that they are the ones supplying to Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
But frankly I don't know how to put this type of page on this site. The limitations of this wiki format I suppose.
I've thought about this idea myself. It also applies to the Rules for New Members that you've worked on.

My recommendation is that we create a new page category (with a name like "Information"). Then we edit the sidebar menu (also something we can do as admins) and add a section for Information pages. Then, we group all such pages on this Index.