View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well then, I think if that's the case, you would need to put a link to this page on the main page of the site, right under the "Forum" link so people will notice it. Otherwise, people won't know we have a page for movie firearms myths.

Hey, there's a title. "Movie Gun Myths"

And just a thought didn't they use live ammo before the invention of blanks?

On this page, we should also put up what blanks are and that also they might not shoot bullets out, they can seriously harm someone and even kill if misused.

Blank adapters, and that blank ammo are not interchangable with live ammo is one of the big things. We should also bring up examples from movies like Die Hard 2.

Oh and about government entities loaning their stuff for movies, while this example isn't about guns, the movies Hero and Curse of the Golden Flower, both big Chinese movies apparently used the Chinese army as extra for the countless soldiers we've seen, or at least that's what I've heard.

Anything, I think this page can be very informative about gun myths and misconceptions and history on firearms in movies. The more people know the better.

Another example we should put is the man carrying mini-guns and how, though cool, not a very realistic weapon we'd be seeing any soldier carry on the field.

I think suppressor myths should be addressed, like the sound real suppressor makes over what Hollywood has made suppressors cliche sound like and that despite the popular term silencer, no suppressor truly silences a gun shot.

Also we should put on that full auto firearms in the US at least aren't banned as a lot might think, but are limited to those who can get the paperwork down and can afford it and what film armorers are, what they really do and how they are able to do the things they do like...get all those wonderful guns we see in films.

This page should also point out the importance of historical accuracy with firearms.

Let me think, what else?

Oh, M203s comparison to 37mm Cobray launchers. Mock ups of rocket launchers, etc But at least for the M203, just put a link to the actual page to save time and effort.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”