View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 06:21 AM

I did some research and found out that some Browning semi-automatic shotguns had a loading port on the side like that. Now to figure out just which one. Any Browning enthusiasts who might know something feel free to leave a message.

*EDIT*

Further research turned up this: "The Browning Double Auto was designed by the late Val Browning, son of John M. Browning. It was made in 12 gauge only between 1952 and 1971 in Belgium by Fabrique Nationale. There were three variations: Standard, Twelvette and Twentyweight. Barrel lengths were 26, 26 1/2 (Twentyweight only) 28 or 30. Could be had with or without a vent rib. Value depending on condition 400-900. Rare colors will bring more. @ 65,000 were made"

I'm almost positive this is the gun. I'd imagine the one in the movie is the Standard version, but I'm gonna dig some more anyway.

*ANOTHER EDIT*

I've discovered another shotgun called the Browning 2000 which also has a loading port on the side. This one holds 5 shots instead of 2 like the Double Automatic, so I'm now leaning towards this one being the one in the movie.

Last edited by Diego Wolfwood; 03-21-2010 at 05:18 AM.